Cruisers Inc. 302 Identification - Barn Find

Hello all, I’m new to the wood boat hobby and to your forum. I’m looking to restore an old wooden boat and I’m having trouble identifying it. It appears to be somewhere between a 60’-64’ Cruisers Inc. 302 18’; however, it has some unique characteristics that I cannot find via hours and hours of internet searching. The most unique thing is that it’s an I/O. Appears to be a 1964, chevy 327 w/ a stokes marine conversion kit. The sterndrive appears to be an early 60s Muncie Gear Works 500 series flexi-drive. The boat was last plated and launched in 1966 and has been in the same barn ever since. I see that Cruisers Inc. started custom ordering I/O in 1964, but nothing appears to match this set-up. It looks factory installed, but is it possible a custom retro-fit? It only allows me to post (1) picture, but I can send more if needed. Any help is appreciated

Post more pics, or send to me at Woody Boater. Its not all that uncommon to have custom one off stuff in this universe here. In fact the fun part is the Uniqness of a boat. Be careful in the money dept on this one. If you are doing it yourself. Great, but paying a restorer to an outdrive Cruisers Inc boat is a tough nut to sell one day. They are very cool boats and this has some time capsule fun going on, which may be part of the fun of ownership

Hey thank you Matt, I did see that they aren’t worth much even fully restored, but I thought it might be a good start in the hobby (or drive me far away from it :slight_smile: ) Appreciate you reaching out, nice forum you have here!

Thats cool as hell. I get it!

Have never seen fins on an outdrive. So cool

I thought so too, it took some investigation just to figure out what it was. Muncie Gear Works Flexidrive. Here’s a good article on them. (https://www.boatingmag.com/go-fast-blast-from-past-muncie-gear-works-sterndrive/)