This fitting is on the port side of a 1965 16’ Chris Craft Cavalier Can someone identify what it is and what it does?

Can you get a better picture?

What is it attached to on the inside?

It looks like the small air vent intakes on the side of my 1955 Chris Craft Continental. air goes down and ventilates the bilge area.