Lake n Sea... or Leak n Sink - Project Thread

Well, Andy in Middletown here… and this past weekend, I got going again on a long stalled project so I thought I would share. I know it’s not explicitly wooden boat related, but with a hull that has Chris Craft origins and the coverage of Mr. Zellman’s craft, I thought why not. Also, who doesn’t like a good project thread on a message board? They often become some of my favorites to check back in on and read.

Please feel free to delete if this drifts too far OT Mr. Moderator sir!

I picked up this 1960 Lake N Sea over 10 years ago. Out of a front yard. Filled with leaves, with a rotten transom. The tires held air until I made the 10 minute trip home. ha. Started on it… split it… made a new transom… and then… it has sat. Mostly inside, sometimes outside, as other hobby vehicles have gotten my attention. With a young family, I’ve decided that this is the year to get her done and back on the water! While I do plan on taking my time and doing a nice job… this will not be a concours restoration. Rather, brining her back into being a usable, and presentable boat. I want to be proud of it… but I plan on doing most of the work myself. I’ll post progress from time to time, and hopefully that helps to encourage me to keep it going. Anyways, here are some picks to gauge your interest. Cheers!

1 Like

Some shots of transom work… 10 years ago!

1 Like

Success from this past weekend

1 Like

Had to get a good shot of the 1956 Ford 800 I used to do the task… period correct! ha

2 Likes

Now with the top out of the way… the bottom of the hull is ready to get patched and completed. All that is needed is to cement in the new transom, and then paint the hull inside and out.

1 Like